Wednesday, December 31, 2014

10 Years Baby!!

Well,

Dustin and I have officially stayed married 10 years. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on August 17th. I know we are a bit behind in the blogging world, and perhaps it is strange to be blogging about our anniversary in December. I promise, the Christmas post will come....probably by February. :)

We decided to go to an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic to celebrate the big 10. It was just what the doctor ordered. We had a great time relaxing on the beach, eating delicious food (Dustin enjoyed about a million virgin pina coladas). We went parasailing on the beach right outside of our hotel. We also spent some time kayaking.

 We went on a tour where we got to see a school, a coffee plantation and coconut plantation. It was fascinating to go out in the countryside and see how the local people really live. It was humbling and made us grateful for all the little things that we take for granted. We also got to go to a local beach and do some boogie boarding.

The best part was probably our zip lining tour. It was seriously so much fun. We zip lined over, through, and above the jungle. It was so beautiful and we finished just in time....after our final line a torrential rain storm hit. Dustin overheard (in Spanish) the guide's talking about how dangerous it was to zip line in the rain. Thankfully, we were done, but I know there were at least a few others from our group out on the lines still. The guide said the rain makes the lines really slippery and difficult to stop properly.

It was so fun and I forget how awesome my husband is sometimes. It was wonderful to spend some one on one time with just him. It made me remember why I fell in love with him some 10+ years ago. And heck, it is easy to fall in love again when you are in a tropical paradise....I highly recommend it.

Here are a few pics.








No comments: