Hello all,
We are a bit behind when it comes to posting our Christmas adventures for this year. We stayed home this year for the first time in our entire married life. We missed our loved ones, but it was also really nice to do Christmas at our own house this year. It is a good thing we opted for our house because Santa brought us a trampoline this year and it would have been a beast to bring home from a holiday road trip! :)
On Christmas Eve we went ice skating. The girls had a great time and Dustin and I managed to not die. Later that evening we went caroling with some friends. After caroling we came home and acted out Luke 2. This year Graycie was the angel and Kenzie was Mary. Dustin was the donkey and he also doubled as Joseph. This Christmas tradition is my favorite and I am always to happy to see that the girls enjoy it as well.
Christmas morning came at a decent time, around 7 am. The girls were excited to see what Santa had brought them and we were excited to show them. Did I mention that it had snowed the night before? Poor Santa, setting up that tramp in the bitter cold. I think I heard him leaving around 3AM!!! We aren't for certain but we are pretty sure he got frost nip in the process.
After presents we ate some yummy homemade cinnamon rolls. I dreamed about them the night before...I think I ate 3! We had some hot cocoa with whip cream and eggs and sausuage. After eating our breakfast feast....I promptly fell into a food coma on the couch. The next few hours were a bit of blur for me. :)
The girls were spoiled rotten this year. Our families are always very, very, generous when it comes to Christmas. We loved getting all of our wonderful presents. We had a yummy Christmas dinner all to ourselves and spent the day playing with all of our new toys. We ended the night eating candy from our stockings and watching "Arthur Christmas" by the fire.
It was a wonderful Christmas, with lots of time to reflect on how much we love our little ones. They make our life magical!
The Pilgrimage: Day 4
8 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment