Thursday, September 08, 2011

I AM SO BEHIND!!

This summer is gone! And I have not posted some MAJOR milestones in our family.

The girls and I went to Neola at the end of June and spent some time with my family while Dustin was at scout camp. We had some special visitors while we were there. Shout out to Mamma D, Emily and Sara! It was so fun to see them and they were so sweet to bring both Graycie and Kenzie some birthday presents. While in Neola we spent our time riding four wheelers and playing with playdoh at Grandma and Grandpa Morrill's house. Papa was nice enough to take us to the Lake one of the days we were there too.

On to the other news of the summer...

Kenzie is 2!!! It is still hard for me to say this out loud. I can not believe my baby is two years old. She is a pretty good little thing, minus the hitting and pinching. :) She is talking so so so well and can pretty much say anything she wants to. She loves animals and calls all dogs "tobys" (cuz we have a dog name toby). She loves music and every night we read a book and say prayers and then she starts requesting songs. She will look up at you and say "Happy Birday", "Of God" (I am a child of God), "Jesus" (Jesus wants me for a sunbeam), "Monkeys" (five little monkeys jumping on a bed). Those are her favorite tunes and the only way I can get her into bed without her crying for more songs is to tell her that her favorite sleep buddy (cow) is crying because he wants her to sing to him. She usually says "oh no!" and lets me lay her in bed. I shut the door behind me listening to her tiny little voice singing one of her favorite songs to her cow, she usually picks "I am a child of God."

Graycie started school! Again, it is still hard for me to say out loud. I can not believe she is already in kindergarten. She seems to really like school and has made some cute little friends. She is enjoying getting all dolled up every morning and often asks "Do you think my friends will like this?" when speaking about whatever outfit she has picked out for the day. Can you say girl?? She looks so cute walking to school with her giant pink, princess backpack. She is the tiniest kid in her class, but I will never tell her that. She insists that she is not "little".

We went to Utah in August to see aunt Annie get married and Graycie got to be her flower girl. She LOVED every second of it and was absolutely enchanted by Annie's beauty. I saw her staring for at least 5 minutes at Annie while her and Devin danced their first dance. It was so fun to be there for Annie's special day and to see our Sidwell family members.

We also went to Lake Powell with my family. This year went even better!! Kenzie and Graycie both loved the water. Graycie swam around the boat all by herself (in her life jacket of course). She even got brave enough to go on the knee board twice. Both times I did not have my camera of course! Kenzie liked the tube and playing in the sand. It is always so fun to go to Lake Powell and I look forward to it all summer. Thanks to my family for always taking such good care of us while we are there.

Now for the pics....



























2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness... they are so adorable! Sounds like you had a fun filled summer!

Marcy said...

Cute cute kids.. I miss you guys so much! Seriously.. haven't talked to you forever. Give me a call! We need to plan something together ok?