Thursday, September 11, 2008

Faith

This is what I know.

" Before us all lies s journey that began at our birth and will go on till our death. We live in the time between and act each day as best we can. Some days bring gladness; others force upon us heavy burdens. At times we may question how our path can lead to happiness or if our faith has reached its limit. We know that strength is gained in struggles; we wonder if we can survive on our own. But so long as we seek to do good, so long as we choose the right, deep within us our faith is working and our hope still lives. Let us believe this. Let us then continue to act as duty bids. As we do, our faith will be sufficient, and our happiness will be assured."
- Lectures on Faith

To all of you, thanks for standing by us through our "heavy burden" days, as well as our "days of gladness." To you who are carrying a heavy burden, you are in our hearts and our prayers. To those of you experiencing days of happiness, soak it in and enjoy each moment. May we all weather the good and the bad relying on our faith to get us through and our hope to remain anchored in him who brings eternal joy.

3 comments:

Fig said...

That is awesome, wow. You're amazing, and you're such a good example. Thanks for sharing!

Kiley said...

Thanks for that! I needed that today! We sure do miss you guys and think of you often!! You guys are so strong and we love you

The Poulsen Family said...

You're such a great friend and a great example to me. It all comes down to faith, when I have it life seems to make me feel good regardless of whats going on. If I lose faith then it's almost like I lose meaning in my life. I hope you guys are doing well.